Owned by Counts Vagnone of Celle and Trofarello, the Castle was recorded in official documents in 1209. Built on a hilly slope between the Torino and Monferrato boundaries, it was a complex of buildings and courts overlooked by the ancient tower, the same one that still stands in the town square.
From a fortress to an aristocratic dwelling – reshaped in 1706 after a terrible fire - over time the building complex became very important as is witnessed by the small chapel to the east, whose façade can be traced to a design by Filippo Juvarra. Other famous architects such as Vittone and Toneschi also worked on it.
Via Vagnone, 6, 10028 Trofarello (TO)

44.98891, 7.74087

  • € 7,00
    Full price
  • € 3,50
    Reduced price