CASTELLO PINCHIA DI BANCHETTE

Castle
The castle is located on the western border of the territory of Ivrea and bordered to the East by the river Dora. The building dates back to before the 12th century, but it appears that the site was already a Roman fort.
Subsequently enlarged by adding a tower in order to increase its defensive purpose, it was in any case damaged by bands of vandals and Spanish and French troops at various stages until only a few crenelated walls remained in the mid-19th century.
Restoration of the ruins was carried out during this period by the Pinchia family, who had obtained the title of Count from Victor Amadeus II in 1722.
Contacts
Via Roma, 78a, 10010 Banchette (TO)

45.4611378, 7.8564242

Tariffs
  • Free

From 01/06/2018 to 04/06/2020

    Apertura su prenotazione per gruppi