CHIESA DI SAN PIETRO

Church
Built in the 11th century, since 1205, with the arrival of the Canons of Moncenisio, the church of San Pietro became an important religious centre. The facade still retains the characteristics of its strictly Romanesque origin, but to which were added during the 14th and 15th centuries the decoration in Gothic style, such as the pinnacles and the strip of brick arches. Inside there are frescoes dating back to between the 11th and 15th centuries and, of particular interest, is a painting representing the Castle, the only evidence of how the manor of the Savoy once looked.
Contacts
Via San Pietro, 10051 Avigliana (TO)

45.0877953, 7.4024946

From 01/01/2020 to 31/12/2020

  • Mon
    Open on reservation
  • Tue
    17:00 - 18:30
  • Wed
    Open on reservation
  • Thu
    Open on reservation
  • Fri
    Open on reservation
  • Sat
    Open on reservation
  • Sun
    Open on reservation
It is located in