From the shots of the great masters to the photographic reportages on topical issues: CAMERA Camera, Fondazione Torino Musei, Musei Reali, Museo Ettore Fico, La Venaria Reale join forces to present “Autumn of Photography. Turin 2020 ”, a calendar of Facebook live shows to explore the issues addressed in the exhibitions of each museum, an opportunity that is absolutely not to be missed for all photography enthusiasts, even because, and especially now that, museums and cultural sites will remain closed to the public.
CAMERA - with the director Walter Guadagnini and the curators Giangavino Pazzola and Monica Poggi - virtually meet curators and photographers to give the public a deep insight into the world of photography and its protagonists.
- Tuesday November 10, 6:00 pm
MAO Museo d’Arte Orientale e Palazzo Madama Museo Civico d’Arte Antica
The Changing World
Samuele Pellecchia and Fabio Bucciarelli. Chaired by Walter Guadagnini
- Tuesday November 24, 6:00 pm
GAM – Galleria Civica d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea e Museo Ettore Fico
Photographing Contemporary Society
Guido Harari and Massimo Vitali. Chaired by Giangavino Pazzola
- Wednesday December 9, 6:00 pm
La Venaria Reale, Musei Reali e Camera - Centro Italiano per la Fotografia
An Account of the War Between Journalism and Art
Paolo Pellegrin, Edoardo Accattino and Paolo Ventura. Chaired by Monica Poggi
A wealth that we still want to enhance as a whole and keep vital during this new period of closure to the public of the temporary exhibitions of each institution, exhibitions that explore heterogeneous themes and topics with the same common thread: the photographic language and that particular view which it is able to give us on contemporaneity and on our relationship with it.
Waiting for the time when we will be able to visit them again in person, here are the exhibitions that will be explored live via Facebook:
- Camera - Centro Italiano per la Fotografia - “Paolo Ventura. Carousel” (September 17, 2020 - January 2021).
- Fondazione Torino Musei - Palazzo Madama – Museo Civico d’Arte Antica - “World Press Photo 2020” (October 10, 2020 – January 18, 2021).
- MAO Museo D’Arte Orientale - “China Goes Urban. La nuova epoca delle città” (October 16, 2020 - February 14, 2021).
- GAM – Galleria Civica d’Arte Moderna e Contemporanea “Photo Action per Torino 2020” (November 20, 2020 – February 28, 2021).
- Musei Reali - “Capa in color” (Sale Chiablese, September 26, 2020 – January 31, 2021).
- Museo Ettore Fico - “Massimo Vitali. Costellazioni Umane” (September 25 - December 20, 2020).
- La Venaria Reale - “Paolo Pellegrin. Un’Antologia” (October 1, 2020 - January 31, 2021).