TORRE E RICETTO DI SAN MAURO

Castle
The first document to mention the Ricetto of San Mauro, located in the hamlet of Rivera di Almese, dates back to 1029, the year in which the Marquis of Turin, Olderico Manfredi gave one third of his lands in Val Susa to the Abbey of S. Giusto in Susa, including the “curtis” of San Mauro.
Between 1281 and 1285, the curtis was transformed into a fortified village, while the belfry became the tower that can still be seen today. The church takes on the role of food warehouse, court and archive for the monks, whilst it becomes a simple farmhouse from the mid-13th century.
The tower and the Ricetto underwent a restoration and refurbishing project by the Municipality which was completed at the end of 2006. They now house an exhibition area and tourist-cultural events.


SAFETY RULES:

  • Reservations required by calling 338 20 111 84 or by sending an email to: info@fiepiemonte.it specifying date and time;
  • Maximum number of visitors: 5;
  • Visitors must wear a mask to protect the airways at all times, as the service staff must do as well, maintaining an interpersonal distance of at least one meter;
  • Hydro-alcoholic solutions for hand hygiene will be made available at the entrance to the premises;
  • In compliance with the established prevention measures, further visits may be made on specific request, if compatible with the availability of the guides.
Contacts
Via Tetti San Mauro, 10040 Almese (TO)

45.11615, 7.40586

Tariffs
  • Free

From 16/06/2020 to 31/10/2020

  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    Closed
  • Sun
    Open on reservation 10:00 - 18:00
Prima visita ore 10,00 a seguire ore 11,00 – 12,00 - 15,00 – 16,00 – 17,00 – ore 18,00

From 01/08/2020 to 31/10/2020

  • Mon
    Open on reservation 10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30
  • Tue
    Open on reservation 10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30
  • Wed
    Open on reservation 10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30
  • Thu
    Open on reservation 10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30
  • Fri
    Open on reservation 10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30
  • Sat
    10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30
  • Sun
    10:30 - 12:30, 15:30 - 18:30

From 30/08/2020 to 30/08/2020

  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    Closed
  • Sun
    10:00 - 12:00, 15:00 - 18:00
CIRCUITO "CASTELLI E DIMORE STORICHE"
Visite con cadenza oraria solo su prenotazione

From 27/09/2020 to 27/09/2020

  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    Closed
  • Sun
    10:00 - 12:00, 15:00 - 18:00
CIRCUITO "CASTELLI E DIMORE STORICHE"
Visite cadenzate ogni ora solo su prenotazione

From 25/10/2020 to 25/10/2020

  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    Closed
  • Sun
    10:00 - 12:00, 15:00 - 18:00
Visite cadenzato ogni ora solo su prenotazione

From 21/08/2020 to 21/08/2020

  • Fri
    21:00 - 22:00, 22:00 - 23:00

From 28/08/2020 to 28/08/2020

  • Fri
    21:00 - 22:00, 22:00 - 23:00

From 04/09/2020 to 04/09/2020

  • Fri
    21:00 - 22:00, 22:00 - 23:00