Pinerolo Cathedral dedicated to San Donato was originally from the 10th century, but it was built in Gothic style in the 15th century, probably driven by the powerful guild of wool merchants. The bell tower, dated 1425, is still unfinished. In the 18th century it acquired its baroque styling and, in the 19th century, the Gothic style was restored with decorations and a new facade. Of considerable value is the 17th century carved wooden lectern, the pulpit, the painting of ‘St. Michael and the expulsion of demons’ attributed to Paul Rubens or his school, the fresco on the right column depicting a saint in prayer.