CHIESA DI SAN FILIPPO NERI

Church

One of the designers of this, Torino’s largest historical church, was Guarino Guarini. However, the final refurbishing was by Filippo Juvarra (1714). An enormous vault covers the single nave of the church, and rests on the elliptical side chapels. The church holds the remains of the blessed Sebastiano Valfrè, who was very much devoted to the Holy Shroud (a painting in the church shows him close to the Cloth), advisor to Vittorio Amadeo II and a leading figure in the Resistance of Torino during the siege of 1706.

Contacts
Via Maria Vittoria, 5, 10123 Torino (TO)

45.0678661, 7.6845454

Services
  • Masses
    : Messe feriali: ore 18.30
    Messe festive: ore 11.30