The House Museum of Don Bosco tells the story of a man, Don Bosco, and a place, Valdocco, that changed the history of a city and the lives of thousands of children by giving them a home, a family, a future. The project for the new museum has been developed following a philological criterion, recreating the original rooms of the second half of the 19th century, such as the canteen, the bedrooms, etc. It is also possible to view the Marian, liturgical, devotional and artistic collections.

Furnishings, fabrics, objects of artistic and devotional value have undergone considerable restoration work.

The layout of the house museum is as follows:
• the large wine cellar, built in 1860-61 to store the barrels and the press: bunches were inserted through special holes on the vault. On display also a collection of Marian sculptures from the 131 countries where the Salesians of St Giovanni Bosco are present;

• the first refectory for boys, from 1854 to 1858 a canteen for young people;

• the kitchen, built in 1856 • the cryptoporticus.

Each visitor will be given a map of the museum and the group leader/guide will receive a more detailed brochure with more in-depth information. On the walls of the museum illustrative and historical panels will help visitors follow a historical itinerary based on the life of Don Bosco, with facts, events and links with the life of the Saint.

It is possible for visitors to book a guided tour of the Don Bosco House Museum in advance. The guided tour is free, booking recommended:
Via Maria Ausiliatrice, 32, 10152 Torino (TO)

45.0816068, 7.6728409

  • Free

From 01/05/2021 to 31/12/2024

  • Mon
  • Tue
    09:30 - 12:30
  • Wed
    14:30 - 17:30
  • Thu
    09:30 - 12:30
  • Fri
    14:30 - 17:30
  • Sat
    09:30 - 12:30, 14:30 - 17:30
  • Sun
    09:30 - 12:30, 14:30 - 17:30
  • Cloakroom
    presenti armadietti;
  • Bookshop
  • Refreshment Point