CASTELLO DEL VALENTINO

Royal Residence
In the green heart of the 19th century park of Torino, the Castle of Valentino had various uses over the centuries before being taken over by the Faculty of Architecture of Torino Polytechnic.
In the 1500s it was a riverside residence located out of town, and its period of maximum splendour was under Christine of France, the first regent in the Savoy State, who chose it to be the palace of entertainment, extending it according to French tastes and promoting the rich decoration of the rooms on the piano nobile.
After her death, the parties that the Madame Royale enjoyed organising were no more, and just a few decades later one of the side gardens was turned into the Botanical Gardens for the University, which can still be visited. During the 19th century, the castle was radically altered due to the Exposition of 1858 initiated by Cavour.
Contacts
Viale Mattioli, 39, 10125 Torino (TO)

45.054348361705, 7.6861810684204

Tariffs
  • € 3,50
    Full price
    Gli itinerari guidati sono gratuiti, salvo la prenotazione obbligatoria di € 3,50.

From 08/03/2020 to 17/07/2020

  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    Closed
  • Sun
    Closed
Extraordinary closure

From 18/07/2020 to 31/12/2020

  • Mon
    Closed
  • Tue
    Closed
  • Wed
    Closed
  • Thu
    Closed
  • Fri
    Closed
  • Sat
    10:00 - 11:00, 11:30 - 12:30
  • Sun
    Closed
È richiesta la prenotazione da effettuarsi esclusivamente online almeno 8 giorni prima della data della visita al sito: http://castellodelvalentino.polito.it/?page_id=935
Services
  • Pets not allowed
Accessibility Services
Physical accessibility