Km 8,5 / Elevation change - 24
Beyond the railway line and coming out of Santhià, the trail runs parallel to the Naviglio d'Ivrea, built in the second half of the 15th century by Yolanda of Savoy (apparently with design contributions from Leonardo da Vinci) and then shortly afterwards reaches the small Church of San Rocco, built in the 16th century and initially dedicated to St. Marcus. After a few minutes' walk, the surroundings change from corn and wheat to rice fields, going past several farms: nearby there is the "Water well of Guenevere", a fountain gushing out freshly delicious water.
Taking as a reference the Cavour Canal (which is passed), with the shrine of San Grato e Santa Apollonia and the aqueduct in chequered red and white in the background, San Germano Vercellese is reached, a name linked to the person and the legend of the bishop Germanus of Auxerre who died in Ravenna around 448: according to tradition, his body was taken back to France along the same route by which he came down, bringing about miracles and wonders at every stage on the way. Between the 13th and 14th centuries, this settlement was linked to the Abbey of Sant'Andrea di Vercelli, and then it passed to the Savoy family, becoming an important stronghold with its castle. The Church of San Germano, designed by Giovan Battista Feroggio and consecrated in 1764 in place of the former one, has a 16th century altarpiece inside. At one side can be seen the Bell-tower which, at one time, formed part of the castle whose slots are still visible, indicating the various interior floors.
, 13048 Santhià (VC)

45.3669315, 8.171368