Km 7,4 / Elevation change - 11
We now come to Lignana which was first recorded in 1034, while an ecclesia is mentioned starting from 1156, at the time under the name San Germano. In the 14th century, the town was enfeoffed to the Corradi family who stayed the undisputed masters until the middle of the 17th century. Testifying to their prestige is the Castle, now serving as a farm: the part best preserved, in late medieval form, is the front characterised by a massive tower-gate, wide machicolations and embrasure that were used for manoeuvring two drawbridges for the carriage way and the postern. The Church of San Germano, renovated several times but still showing Romanesque string courses, contains inside – among rounds in the ceiling depicting saints – the portrait of the Blessed Ardizio dei Corradi di Lignana, one of the first followers of San Francesco d'Assisi.
, 13036 Ronsecco (VC)

45.2510852, 8.2843382