STADIO OLIMPICO GRANDE TORINO

Stadium
The Olympic Stadium Grande Torino, formerly the Stadio Comunale Vittorio Pozzo and, in an early existence, the Stadio Benito Mussolini, was the site of the opening and closing ceremonies of the XX Olympic Winter Games and the opening and closing ceremonies of the IX Paralympic Winter Games.

After the event, it was reconverted to football for the matches of the town’s football club. It is situated between Corso Sevastopol and Via Filadelfia, in the southern part of Turin.

Opened in 1933, it has been extensively redeveloped and its spaces converted. This included a spectacular new steel roof supported on the outer perimeter by tie rods connotes a new sign with the historic building, over which still stands the famous Torre Maratona.

Contacts
Via Filadelfia, 96 B, 10134 Torino (TO)

45.0412819, 7.6472597