The village gives its name to the surrounding valley, one of the three Lanzo Valleys together with Val Grande and Val d'Ala.
This territory develops in a basin crossed by the Stura di Viù, from which it is possible to quickly climb to the Colle del Lys, and then reach the Val di Susa.
Among the favourite destinations for hikers, the Ciarm del Prete stands out, which from its 2,390 m dominates an evocative natural amphitheatre from Frazione Tornetti.
Proof of the village's ancient history can be found in Piazza del Mercato, where the mysterious "Pietra delle Madri" (Stone of the Mothers), of Celtic origin, dating back to the 3rd century B.C., can still be seen. Also worth a visit: the Parish Church of San Martino, the largest in the Lanzo Valleys, the Museum of Sacred Art and the Chapel of the Holy Shroud, precious evidence of the passage of the relic on its journey from Chambery to Torino in 1578.