The history of the municipality is characterised by the presence of the Waldensians who, as in the rest of the Valley, began to settle there from the 13th century. Various attempts were made by the House of Savoy and the French to forcibly return them to the Catholic Church until 1848, when the Waldensians were granted freedom of worship by King Carlo Alberto. The visit can start from Piazza Partigiani, seat of the Town Hall, and continue towards the hamlet of Luserna, an ancient village where the Parish Church, the Loggia dei Mercanti, the Palace of the Counts of Luserna, the Parish House and the Tower of San Francesco are the main points of interest. The Valdese Temple and the Catholic Church of San Giovanni face each other in the hamlet of San Giovanni. The main events are the Fiera dei Santi - Fair of local handicrafts and gastronomy products and the Spring Fair held on 1 May. The Toy and Game Museum "Il paese dei balocchi" (Toyland), the Museum of the Resistance and the Val Pellice Astronomical Observatory are worth a visit.
Find out more at: