CASTELLO DELLA ROVERE

Castle
The Castle was designed and then built thanks to Cardinal Domenico della Rovere at the end of the 15th century and represents a rare example of Renaissance architecture in Piemonte.
The magnificent cloister dated 1513/1515, with its terracotta features and the recently discovered 16th century frescoes by the school of Pinturicchio, are particularly significant. In 1776 it becomes the headquarters of the Royal Porcelain Manufactory, strongly backed by Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia.
The castle is combined with a vast park featuring an artificial lake and the auspicious statue of the Sower.
Contacts

44.9487471, 7.6341874

Tariffs
  • Free