This palace was built by Lodovico d’Acaja as the seat of the Curia Pineroliensis (courthouse) during the 15th century and the original parts of the building are still more or less intact: the crenelated structure consists of a ground floor and three further floors: there are square windows on the first floor, mullioned windows on the second and small gothic ones on the third, all decorated with cotto tiles, whilst the façade overlooking the Piazzetta d’Andrade is embellished by a wooden balcony.
Victor Amedeus II installed the Pinerolo Senate here in 1713, with jurisdiction over the whole of Piemonte. The palace now hosts the “La necropoli della doma rossa e il territorio di Pinerolo in età romana” (The necropolis by the “Doma Rossa” farmstead and the territory of Pinerolo during the Roman Age) permanent exhibition.
During works for the Torino-Pinerolo motorway spur route, the remains of a Roman necropolis with around thirty burials with approximately five hundred items of funerary goods were found at the locality of Tova – near the Doma Rossa farmstead.
Three tombs with their funerary goods have therefore been recreated in the evocative ground floor hall, whilst some precious metal and ceramic glass and ornaments are on display amongst other artefacts on the floor above.
Largo D'Andrade, 2/4, 10064 Pinerolo (TO)

44.8862784, 7.3276127

  • Free
    Aperto su appuntamento
    for all
  • Free

From 01/01/2023 to 31/12/2025

  • Mon
    Open on reservation
  • Tue
    Open on reservation
  • Wed
    Open on reservation
  • Thu
    Open on reservation
  • Fri
    Open on reservation
  • Sat
    Open on reservation
  • Sun
    Open on reservation
Aperto su prenotazione.