TORRE E RICETTO DI SAN MAURO

Castle
The first document to mention the Ricetto of San Mauro, located in the hamlet of Rivera di Almese, dates back to 1029, the year in which the Marquis of Turin, Olderico Manfredi gave one third of his lands in Val Susa to the Abbey of S. Giusto in Susa, including the “curtis” of San Mauro.
Between 1281 and 1285, the curtis was transformed into a fortified village, while the belfry became the tower that can still be seen today. The church takes on the role of food warehouse, court and archive for the monks, whilst it becomes a simple farmhouse from the mid-13th century.
The tower and the Ricetto underwent a restoration and refurbishing project by the Municipality which was completed at the end of 2006. They now house an exhibition area and tourist-cultural events.
Contacts
Via Tetti San Mauro, 10040 Almese (TO)

45.11615, 7.40586

Tariffs
  • Free

From 20/04/2019 to 06/01/2020

  • Mon
    Open on reservation
  • Tue
    Open on reservation
  • Wed
    Open on reservation
  • Thu
    Open on reservation
  • Fri
    Open on reservation
  • Sat
    10:00 - 13:00, 15:30 - 19:00
  • Sun
    10:00 - 13:00, 15:30 - 19:00
ogni ultima domenica del mese visite guidate